7/11/2005

Mission Mexico

In less than 2 weeks I will have the privilege of traveling to Monterrey, Mexico with a team of about 50 high school students and adult leaders from GCC. This will be my first mission trip and I am really excited about it. We will be working with kids who are in an orphanage(though they don't call it that) there and doing work projects that need to be done in the area. As many of you know I have a real passion for children and I cannot wait to get there and just spend time with them. I will admit that I am a little nervous about the language barrier since the kids only speak Spanish, but I know with God's help it will all be fine. We will be leaving on the 23rd and returning on the 30th. I think I am about all set to go, I went out yesterday with Jami and got almost everything I need for the trip. I still have a few last minute things to finish up but I feel a lot better now that the major stuff is done.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have either supported me financially or said that you will pray for me and my family. For those of you who will be watching my children words cannot even express how thankful I am to you. This trip would not be possible without everyone of you! If you could continue to pray for Daryl and the kids while I am gone I would greatly appreciate it. Work has been very stressful for Daryl lately and I know he is not looking forward to me being gone and the stress that goes along with taking care of kids on your own. If you have any desire to know how things are going on the trip check out Corey Mann's blog during that time. I will be sure to update you all about the trip once I return. Well that is all for now...