7/06/2005

Fourth of July Fun

What a great weekend we had. Fourth of July weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year, because we always spend it at the lake. My parents have had a house on Lake Syracuse for over 20 years and in those years I have spent many July 4th's there. This year was no different. We headed that direction on Saturday after church and the kids could not wait to get there. Sunday we had all the family over, I think we had about 20 people. My cousin and her family who live in Pennsylvania are always in town for the weekend and the kids had a great time playing in the water and watching movies together. It is always a lot of work to have all those people there but it is worth it. Monday was by far my favorite day. We had some of our best friends there and just spent the day hanging out, relaxing, eating, making sure kids did not drown and doing some water activities ourselves. Allison and Rachel had their first ride on the tube behind the boat. Allison and her best friend Abby were in one tube and Rachel and Jacob were in the other. They had a great time and kept yelling at us to go faster. I have to admit my heart was beating like crazy while the kids were back there. All I kept thinking is someone is going to fall off and I am going to end up in the water trying to get to the kid in time. All was well though. Tyler had his first boat ride and looked way too cute in his life jacket. After the kids were done I had the urge. Like I said I have spent many years at the lake and one of my favorite things to do is tube, as a kid I used to do it for hours at a time. So I convinced my best friend Becky to hop on a tube with me. We had a great time and made it around the lake one time before we could not take it anymore. Yes, someone did fall off a couple of times, I will let you guess who it was. Even though I am sore today I still have to say that tubing is one of my favorite things to do and I cannot wait to get back out there. So Beck you up for it again?