7/28/2005

Back to Reality...

With Tammy being away in Mexico, the kids have had to adjust to a number of different situations this week. Here's the breakdown:
  • I spent the first weekend with the kids.
  • Aunt Lori, Cheyenne and Tanner stayed Sunday night and watched the kids on Monday.
  • Monday night the kids went to the Callenders' house to spend two nights/three days with their best friends.
  • Wednesday night (tonight) I got the kids back and will be with them for the rest of the week.
It was an interesting couple days being at home with no wife and no kids. Some guys might view this as the perfect scenario, but I was literally trying to find things to do to keep my mind off the fact that I was alone in the house...

It was such a good feeling to get the kids back, hold them, read bedtime stories and know that when I wake up in the morning it will be to the sound of either crying or girls asking, "Daddy can we get out of bed?"