7/20/2005

Away on Business

This week I was "sent" to Texas to attend the leadership training at our National Support Center. Our trip has been the definition of Murphy's Law with late flights, pilots admitting to being tardy for work, luggage sent on different flights, lost in rental car, two hour wait on the tarmac, and the list just gets longer...

And for those of you who know me well, you'll feel the sarcasm when I say, "I'm enjoying the nice equatorial climate (90s and humid)."

We hope to drive into Dallas tomorrow to check out the place. But what I really wish is that I could be home in my own bed!

Pray for safe traveling and that Hurricane Emily stays off shore until we get off the ground!

PS - (added 7/20 @ 6:55 AM) A couple hours after I got to sleep last night the fire alarm went off in the hotel for over twenty minutes (sprinkler issues). Needless to say, at 3:00 AM it takes a while to realize it isn't your alarm. Of course after banging on the alarm to turn it off I must have changed the time, because the next morning when I got up and went down to eat breakfast - there was no breakfast. It was only 6:20 (while my room told me it was 7:20)...