10/18/2005

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Green Day has a new song called, Wake Me Up When September Ends (recently a performance song at the church we attend). And while I'm not sure exactly why they were sleeping through September, I feel their pain, because September wasn't exactly the best of times in my life and the life of my family. It was fairly stressful (not exactly sure why) and just dragged on there for a while...

But now that October is here, things seem to be going a bit better (at least for me). Here is a list of things that seem to be going well in my life right now and things that I am thankful for:
  • Fall is officially here - Hence I don't sweat as much...
  • The lawn looks better than it has all summer
  • I watched the Denver Broncos win the other day
  • The NHL is back (though not completely sure I like all the new rules)
  • Did I say fall is officially here?
  • My kids are growing up and say the wackiest things
  • Tyler is walking
  • Allison and Rachel dressed up in their Princess costumes the other night
  • Gas is not over $3.00 a gallon like predicted
  • It's not cold enough to need the furnace all day
  • I get to go to Granger Community Church (usually two times a week)
  • I get to do web ministry at GCC with an awesome team of professionals
  • I get to hang out with some really cool people on a weekly basis
  • I get to come home to Tammy every night
  • I get to be a Christian and receive amazing grace
  • I get to go to heaven some day

And this is the short list...