10/19/2005

Introducing... My Husband

For those of you who don't know, this is my husband Daryl. We have been married 6 years and they have been the best 6 years of my life. I met Daryl while we were both working at Madison Center for Children as Case Managers. I remember going to lunch with all the Case Managers (all of us were pretty close and did lunch together a lot) right after he started and we just sat and asked him all kinds of questions. I remember thinking, sure he is handsome and nice enough but he is a little too quiet for me. Well he started hanging out with all of us outside of work and before I knew it we were doing more and more together. We officially started dating on April 17, 1997, got engaged on April 17, 1998 and were married on June 19, 1999.

I never thought I would be so happily married. Of course I had always hoped for a wonderful marriage, but let's be honest it is not very often that you see happily married couples. I have the best husband there is for many reasons and here are some of them:

-He loves and obeys Jesus
-He adores his 3 children (he took tomorrow off so he could go on a field trip with Allison)
-He works hard so that he can support me and our kids
-He loves our church and loves being a part of the Livewire team at GCC
-He rubs my feet (which he is doing right now)
-He has no problem doing whatever needs to be done for the kids
-He cleans the toy room
-He cooks when he has time and it is very good
-He gets up with the kids every Saturday morning and makes pancakes
-He makes sure his family is at church and that it is a priority in our house
-He will go to chic flicks
-He kills all the insects in our house
-He helps me fold laundry
-He gives me cards just to tell me he loves me
-He will dance with his daughters while they are dressed up as Cinderella
-He lets me put my ice cold feet on him when we go to bed
-He listens to Country Music when I want to

This is just a short list of the things I love about him. I could go on and on. He has 2 little girls and one little boy who adore him and a wife that cannot imagine her life without him. He has played a huge part in making me the woman I am today. There is truly no one else I would rather be sharing my life with. I love you Daryl McMullen.