12/31/2005

We're Hooked

Yes, we are hooked. We have spent the last year hearing about the TV show Lost, but never really tuned in. I am not sure why, I think it was just one of those things that we didn't see the first episode and then we heard everyone talking about it, but it just seemed too late at that point to start watching it. Well then it came out on DVD and I thought maybe someday we will watch it. I wasn't going to buy the DVD because I am not one to watch TV shows I have seen over and over, so I joined Netflix and thought this would be a cheap way to watch it and other movies.

The first disc came yesterday and after the kids were in bed last night we started it. I have to admit I was pretty hyped to watch it, though I don't think Daryl was all that excited. Before we knew it we had watched 3 out of the 4 episodes on the first disc and we looked at each other and then looked at the clock and thought "we can't stop now", so we proceeded to watch the last episode on the disc. We could not believe how good it was and how quickly the episodes went. It is one of the shows where you don't move while it is on and you would never dare to get up and do something. The only other show that I am that way with is 24 though I know some other wired people who do the same thing with Alias.

As we finished the first disc Daryl said to me "well we can always go to Blockbuster and start on the next disc", so I took that to mean he loved it as much as I did. We figure we will spend this winter watching Season 1 and then hopefully Season 2 will come out this summer sometime and we can be all caught up by the time Season 3 starts. So, yes it was AWESOME and we are totally hooked.