12/17/2005

The Early Bird Gets the Shaft

My parents would tell you that I'm NOT an early riser. But for the past year or so I have been able to get up at between 5:00 and 5:30 on the weekends. I do quiet time with God, I blog, I do web stuff and generally enjoy a nice cup of coffee in peace and quiet (not something I experience at any other time of the day...)

Well, this morning I got up fairly easily and was enjoying the fact that I would probably have a good three hours to myself when who should come walking downstairs at the butt-crack of dawn but my youngest daughter - obviously having the same thought as me (except for the peace and quiet part).

Normally I would get all ticked (hence the title of this post) and would make her go back to bed for a couple hours. But this morning she just looked so cute (and she said, "Good morning daddy - can I stay up for a bit just me and you?") so I caved. She read herself a book and played with toys while I took pictures and blogged about the experience...

Every once and a while you need that bonding time - especially with the middle child (those with a knowledge of birth-order theory will understand).