12/17/2005

What A Week

This past week was absolutely crazy. It has been a long time since I have had a week like this. There were a few days where I never sat down until it was time to go to bed. As much as I love this time of year it just seems that life moves at too hetic of a pace. Daryl said to me this week "ever heard of biting off more than you can chew?", I think he was just a little sick of me not being around. So here is a run down of the week.

Monday- Pretty normal during the day then as soon as Daryl walked in the door I was out to go shopping with my dad for the kids. Got home around 9:30pm and then made some Christams cookies.

Tuesday- Worked most of the day. Had a late appointment in North Liberty, got home in just enough time to give 3 kids baths, put them to bed and them made more Christmas cookies while getting Christmas cards ready to got out. Making Christmas cookies is a tradition I started with my mom and something I am trying to continue. Granted when you had 2 people doing it it goes alot quicker. As of right now I have made 5 different kinds of cookies. I have half a batch to finish today and then I am officially done. You may ask why do you make so many? I give them away to friends and others as Christmas gifts. Then to top things off for this day, Tyler went to bed with a fever and was up every two hours during the night.

Wednesday- Tyler sick all day, which means lots of just wanting to be held. Had 5 kids for part of the day. Trying to get case notes done. Made dinner for 5 kids and then got them ready to go to Awana. I had plans to go to dinner with a friend this night, but she called and cancelled. You would think that this meant that I had lots of extra time, but before she called and cancelled I had made the decision that I would stay up as late as it took tonight to get things done. Which would have probably meant till the wee hours of the night, but instead I was in bed by 12:30am. Case notes were finished up, laundry was finished, and all but half a batch of cookies was completed. Again Tyler up every couple of hours during the night.

Thursday- Up for good at 6:00am to get ready for work. Today was spent training for a new job I start on Monday. I will be doing something totally different from what I do right now though I will still be working for First Steps and I will continue to be a Service Coordinator on a very part-time basis. I keep thinking to myself what a GREAT time to be starting a new job. After I finished training I headed to a home visit, then met with a lender to get pre-approved for a mortgage. So now we can officially start looking and we know what price range to look in. It was then to the mall to meet Beck with the kids, eat dinner and then drop Tyler off to Daryl so they can go home since Tyler is still sick and then off to church with the girls. It was nice to have some time to sit down and actually focus on God for awhile. I think I actually had some time after church to sit down and relax, though once I hit the couch I was asleep.

Friday- Tyler actually woke up today feeling better- thank you Jesus! After Rachel was done with school the kids and I headed to the mall. I still have some Christmas shopping to do and I am running out of time. The kids were great and actually got to see Santa before we left. Came home and did some work and then after dinner the whole family headed out to do a tradition we started when we got married. We headed over to Winding Brooke to look at the lights. Daryl and I both said that they did not seem to be as good this year as in previous years, but it was still fun.

This bring us today. My husband let me sleep in, oh how I love it when he does that. After some breakfast and a visit from the fire department and nipsco (see Daryl's previous post) it was time to make lunch for the kids and give baths. Now I have half a batch of cookies to finish up and then it is off to spend some time with friends tonight, I cannot wait. What a crazy week, hopefully next week will be a little less stressful, though I'm not counting on it.

One other little thing that has been swirling around in my head this week. Why do we as Christians say that we think something is wrong or at least may be wrong for us to do, which I assume means that we have had a conversation with God about it, and then we go ahead and do it anyways. It may mean that we have to sit and watch other people partake in the activity or may have to not put ourselves in a situation where we are tempted, but isn't that what we should do. God never promised us that the road would be easy, in fact I have always understood that the road we are to take as Christians is the narrow one. This is just something that has really been bothering me this week, there may be more to come on this topic once I digest it a little further.

Now it is off to finish up my Christmas cookies...