3/24/2006

I'm Exhausted

For those of you who don't know, it is official we sold our house and bought a new house and it all happened in about 2 weeks. We don't have an official closing date yet,but it will be sometime between April 10-24. We are still waiting on them to finish up inspections on our house, that is a whole story in itself. Just be glad you were not in screaming distance of my house on Wednesday.
I never thought this whole process would be so exhausting. We spent the last 2 months spending every weekend getting our house ready to put on the market, thinking we would have a few months to sit back and relax while it was on the market. Well that didn't happen. Now all I can think about is all the work that needs to be done. Our whole house needs to be packed and then unpacked, I am thinking it would just be easier to start over, along with changing all of our utilities and such over and then I find myself thinking about how to make the new house our "home". The list is really endless in my mind.
I am just exhausted, emotionally, physically,mentally. I never thought it would be so emotional to sell and buy a house. I still haven't figured out if it is the fact that I have brought 3 children home from the hospital to this house, or if it is just missing my mom through this whole process. I really do wish she could be here to share in all of this. All I can do is just keep plugging away knowing that it will all get done and in the next month or so it will all be over.
On a totally different note, I am SO excited about tomorrow. The girls are getting out of dodge tomorrow. We are leaving the kids and the husbands behind and heading to Chicago to hang out and spend some quality time together. I can't wait to hang with the girls and just get away for the day!
Oh, one more thing. I am typing this post on my new laptop, my husband bought it for me with some of the money he is getting for doing a web site. He is way too nice to me. Love you babe!