3/02/2006

Happy Birthday Friend

Let me introduce you to the Birthday girl. We have many names for her, the kids call her "aunt " Becky, my husband calls her "Red", and then there is Beck, Becky, Callender, and I cannot forget her given name of Allison (though we never really call her that, I am not sure she would respond if we did and besides it would really confuse our Allison), and my favorite name for her is best friend. I have known Becky for almost 20 years, we went to high school together and hung out in the same group of friends but we weren't best friends then. We lost touch for awhile when we went to college, I remember meeting Adam (her awesome husband now) when they first started dating and then I did not see or talk to her for awhile. I did not talk to her again until I walked into my first job out of college at Madison Center and there she was working in the same office I would be. I could not believe it. It didn't take us long to pick up where we left off and before I knew it we were best of friends.
Since then our friendship has continued to grow and she is more like a sister to me then a friend. She has played a huge part in making me the woman I am today. She is part of the reason I am now a Christ follower and she played a huge part in making me the parent I am. There is absolutely nothing I would not do for her or her family. Her family is mine and there is nothing that will change that. We have been through a lot together, we have cried together when it felt like the world was collapsing around us and we have laughed together when everything in the world was right. She has a great sense of humor, she is a great mom, wife, friend, sister, daughter, she can act like no one I have seen (I love to watch her in drama's at church), she loves Jesus with all her heart, she is a hard worker, and her family/friends are her top priority. She has also showed me what it means to truly forgive.
Thank you Beck for being the best friend a girl could have, thank you for loving my kids like your own, thank you for always being there. My life is so much better because of you.
Happy Birthday Friend, I cannot wait to see what the next 20 years bring.