1/08/2006

Be Still

I just finished reading a book that Jami gave me. She introduced me to the author Karen Kingsbury and I have now read One Tuesday Morning and Beyond Tuesday Morning. What great books. She is a Christian author and these two books looked at how 9-11 affected two different families, though they were not true stories. I am not going to tell you too much about the books, because I don't want to give anything away if you have not read them yet. Karen does a great job at telling a story and also teaching you biblical principles as you read.

It is just amazing to me how God teaches you things when you least expect it. Normally when I read a book it is all about the story, but this time it was different. This week has not been fun for Daryl and I and there has been a lot going on and a lot of questioning God about his purposes and why we are in the situation we are and what we are supposed to be learning. I have been praying all week that God will guide us and help us to understand where He is taking us through these struggles. As I am finishing this book two things keep coming up and start to stick out to me, the first being "Be still and know that I am God" and the second being "I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live". God has been showing me that through this He is right there beside us telling us to choose His ways through the blessings and the curses.