9/24/2005

The End

So this has been a crazy week and my mind has been thinking about a lot of different things, but one of the major things my mind has been camped out on is death. Now you may say boy that is something I try really hard to not think about and most of the time I do the same. I truly enjoy my life on this earth and though I know that eternity will be so much better it is just hard to wrap your mind around that concept sometimes. Since I do enjoy my life on earth, death is just not something I thought much about until it was almost forced on me. It wasn't until my mom died that I had a first hand experience with what death can really do and I found myself after that experience thinking when will the end come, I am ready for Jesus to return any day now. Of course this brought a huge smile to my husband's face, for those of you who don't know Daryl believes that our generation will be here when the end comes and he cannot wait to be a part of that.

It seems like since her death there have been so many things other things happening in this world and people are dying left and right. Maybe my eyes are just more open to it now. It seems that everytime you turn the TV on something big is happening and people are dying. Then it hits close to home again, our best friends The Callenders lose Adam's sister Ellen to cancer. Then a staff member of our church, Doug Coney, dies of a sudden heart attack and leaves behind a wife and 2 kids. So I find my mind returning to death again and with that end times enter in my mind.

Is the end in sight? Are we living in the end days? Will I see and be a part of the last days of this earth? I never thought we would see the end in my lifetime, but now I think we may. Too many huge things are happening these days, it seems as if God is starting to prepare us. Daryl's parents were over today and they are going to a seminar about the end time and the speaker spoke of there being birthing pains before the end comes. So are we in birthing pains right now? It sure seems that way to me. So then my mind wanders to am I ready? Have I done all God has called me to do? I know I have more preparations to make, what about you. Are you ready? Have you done all God has called you to do?