7/16/2006

The (Hot) Dog Days of Summer



Cost of Pool Ownership:
  • Pool itself over $100
  • Lawn will die (round dead spot in the fall)
  • Grass that gets wet will die (due to chlorine)
  • Hours spent maintaining the PH balance
  • Electrical cord running across the yard
  • Mowing hazard #2
  • Can't weed-whack around the pool for obvious reasons...
Spending an afternoon in the pool with your wife and three kids: PRICELESS!

I must admit I was a killjoy when Tammy first talked about getting the pool, mostly for the reasons listed above. But today it was all worth it. I put four anchors in the ground to keep the swingset from tipping over when the kids swing, and by the time I was done I was as wet as the kids in the pool. So I got in and played for a half hour or so. The kids were overjoyed that daddy was actually in the pool with them. And I'm glad I didn't miss the opportunity to make another memory with these kids that are growing up so fast.