4/02/2006

We're Almost There

It has been awhile since I have filled you in on the where things stand in the house buying process, so here it is. The inspections and negotiations about what we will fix has been completed. We were hoping to close this next weekend, but much to Daryl's dismay that is not going to happen. It looks like right now it will not be until April 21. Their lender could not get everything together quick enough to close next weekend. We were really hoping to get into the new house as soon as we could, but hey what do you do. It probably is a good thing since I sprained my ankle this past week and probably would not have been 100% by next weekend anyways.
So the countdown has begun. The packing continues, our house is looking very bare. Everything is off the walls and the crawl space is almost empty. I have been furniture shopping and I think we have found the couch (thanks Jami and Beck for your 2 cents), and the refrigerator will be ordered tomorrow. There are still times I have to remind myself that within a month we will be living someplace different, weird!