8/26/2005

Days of Summer

I cannot believe that summer is coming to an end. It always goes by way too fast for me, though I have to admit that this year it has seemed to really fly. I am normally one of those people who is ready for fall about this time of year. I am ready for sweatshirts, cooler weather, and believe it or not football, but not this year. I wish we had another month or so left of nice warm lake weather. One of the reasons I love the summer so much is because of the lake, it is just so relaxing to be there.

I got the chance this week to take the kids plus Abby to the lake for 2 days. My grandma and Aunt Linda are in town from Utah along with my cousin and her kids from Pennsylvania. We were all able this week to spend some time hanging out and catching up and watching the kids play together at the lake. This is the 3rd time this year that my kids have been able to play with my cousin's kids, Joe and Matt. We normally do not get to see them very often but it amazes me how well our kids get along.


The kids had a great time playing in the sand and even made some new friends from next door. After I tried to rinse sand off the girls, let me tell you there was sand in parts sand has no place being, we loaded into the car after two fun days and headed for home. About half way home I realized that I could actually hear myself think. Could it be that all 4 kids were sleeping? Yes, they were all out. Some peace and quiet and some country music for about half and hour, what else does a girl need?