8/22/2006

I'm Frustrated

Or should I say downright MAD! For those of you who know me you know most of the time I am pretty laid back, but there are times when I can get very passionate about things and right now is one of those times. For the last 24 hours I have been outright mad, irritated, frustrated, and a whole bunch of other emotions. Why you may ask, well let me tell you.

Last Thursday Daryl comes home to tell me that his car, a Honda Civic, is dying on him and it needs to go in to the shop. So before we leave to head to the Dells we take the car into the shop. We get a call on Friday telling us that it needs to go the dealership because it is showing that there is some kind of computer problem, so we have it towed to Basney Honda. The whole time I am thinking okay I hate it when there are problems with the car, but hopefully this will be a quick fix and we will have it back by Monday all fixed and ready to go.

So yesterday I get a call from Basney telling me what was wrong with the car, the guys proceeds to tell me that there is something in my engine that is putting out excessive input, at this point I am not paying too much attention I am just thinking tell me the price. He ends his whole speech and then gives me a quote of 3500.00 dollars. Oh yeah you read that right! I about hit the floor. I proceed to ask him why my 5 year old car has 3500.00 dollars worth of work that needs to be done and of course he cannot answer my question. I told him that I would not be spending that amount of money on that car and that I would not be buying Honda again if this is what was to be expected. He was very nice and told me he understood what I was saying, okay he might understand but I can guarantee you he is not having the same feelings I am right now. He then proceeds to give me the consumer relations number to Honda and tells me to call and tell them the problem. At this point I hand the situation off to Daryl, he is much more diplomatic then I am sometimes, and he calls and tells them the situation and they explain they will hand it off to one of their people and get back to us and let us know what they can do for us.

At this point they are going to have to do alot in order to keep my business. We bought Honda for a reason and were planning on continuing to buy Honda, we actually had planned to buy an Odyssey as our next car, but not sure that will be happening at this point. You know I expect a car that is 12 years old and has alot of miles on it to have that problem at some point, but not a 5 year old car with 87,000 miles on it. Can you tell I am still MAD!

I hate cars! Maybe we will just buy a horse and buggy!