6/01/2006

3 Reasons to Marry a Boy According to a 5 Year Old

Some of us wait a lifetime to figure out who it is that we will marry, but Allison alreadys knows. Actually she has been telling me for quite awhile now that she is going to marry Jacob Callender. I can't really remember when it was that these two became almost insperable when they are together, it probably was after their first kiss. Yes, you read that right they have already kissed much to the dismay of their parents. Who would have thought that you would have to constantly be watching a 5 and 7 year old to make sure they are not spending too much time alone, this isn't supposed to happen for at least another 9 years or so.
Allison and I were talking last night about her marrying Jacob someday and I asked her what she liked about Jacob and here are the 3 things she said without hestiation.
1-I like his voice.
2-He plays with me and is nice to me.
3-He cares about me, when I'm hurt he makes sure that I am okay.

I was floored when these things came out her mouth, I thought for a moment I was talking to a 15 year old. I have always known that she is a little "girl" to the core but I never thought it would come out so clearly at such a young age. Will she marry Jacob Callender, who knows they may surprise us, but all I do know is that whoever she marries better be nice to her and care about her as much as Jacob does in her eyes right now.