9/27/2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Tyler

Okay so I had this all typed up and ready to go on Thursday night so that I could post it on Friday, which was Ty's B-day, and I forgot about it. So here is his letter from his mom!
Tyler-

Happy Birthday buddy! 3 years old today, I almost cannot believe it. Where have these last 3 years gone? Everyday I have to remind myself to hold on to today, because the days and weeks go by so fast and I am watching you grow into a little boy way too fast. You told me today that you were not my baby, that you were "big". This is so true! You are such a little boy Ty. Your dad and I have already said that we will be in the ER with you at some point while you are growing up. You are constantly running around the house which in turns means you are constantly getting hurt. Just this week, you were in your bed (you are still in a crib) jumping and somehow you fell out and landed on her head. You came to be crying with a big rub burn on her head. One thing about you when you get hurt, you recover very quickly. You cry for a few minutes and then you are off.

This year has been a big year for you. You learned how to ride a bike, you were potty trained (which I have to say was way easier than I thought it would be), you were brave enough to go down some pretty big water slides at the water park this year, you learned all of your colors, know how to count to ten and sing along to the ABC song.You also started going to Fun-n-Fitness this year. You started out in a mommy and me class and very quickly moved to going on your own. You love to go and jump on the huge trampoline. The past few months have been huge for you. You started preschool in August and to my surprise you seem to be loving it. You are going to Clay 2 days a week for 4 hours and then you are also going to the preschool at Mary Frank 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. I was really worried about how you would handle all the change in your life when this started, but you adapted and are doing great.

Carter Ruth is at Clay with you. You get to eat lunch there, go outside and play and spend the days with one of your friends. At this point you seem to like Mary Frank preschool better. The way you talk about that school, is by telling me "my teacher get me out of my car". You ask to go there everyday and I have been told that you have a crush on one of your teachers and pretty much stick by her side. It has been amazing to me to watch you grow and watch your personality change in the last few months since you started school.

Up until this point, I would definitely say that you were still a mommy's boy. You pretty much preferred me to anyone else most of the time, but I have seen some changes in that since you started school. You were also a little on the shy and unsure side, but again I have seen huge changes in this area of your life in the last few months. You are becoming this little guy who does not rely on mommy quite as much anymore. You still absolutely love to be with your sisters and all your friends and you spend most of your day asking me where your daddy is. Though I have seen huge changes in you in the past few months we are still working with you on your speech. You are making great gains, but you are hard to understand at times. Miss Carol, from First Steps, has been working with you for the past year and it has made a huge difference. You still have some things to perfect, but you are talking up a storm right now.

One of the things you do that makes me laugh out loud, besides you just breaking into a dance , is you will be playing with one of your sisters and I will hear them start crying and then I will hear just a bit louder you saying "sorry Rachel" or "sorry Ally" whichever is most appropriate at the time. You will literally follow them around the house telling them you are sorry until we can talk about it. You tattle on yourself right off the bat. It makes your dad and I smile, which of course means you probably get away with more then you should. Once you know you have gotten someone laughing you will keep doing the same thing over and over again. You have also recently started singing songs, thanks to preschool, and it is just so cute. Some of your favorites are wheels on the bus, and 10 little monkeys.

Tyler you are such a sweet and gentle little boy. You already such a huge heart, you are one of the first ones to offer a kiss when someone is hurt or crying. You are a boy through and through but you have a huge heart. I cannot wait to see what God does in your life. Always know that there will be easy times and hard times in life and that most important thing is that you never take your eyes off of Jesus. It is so easy at times son to get caught up in how bad things are for us, but if we keep our eyes on Jesus he will bring us out on the other side better and stronger then before. Love Jesus with everything in you Ty and do not ever compromise that. Some people will not understand you or will try to derail you from what you know is right, I pray that you stay strong in those time always knowing that Jesus is right there with you. Know that your dad and I love you will all that we have in us and we will do anything for you. No matter what we will be here for you!

I love you Tyler Ryan McMullen!