9/09/2010

A Day I've Been Praying For

There are many prayers I pray for on behalf of my kids. One of the prayers I have always had since the day my kids were born is that they would ask Jesus into their heart someday. My prayer though as never stopped there, I pray that they will love Jesus will everything in them, that they will have a personal relationship with Him, that they will follow Him with reckless abandon, and that they will let God's light shine through them to others.
Part of my prayers were answered when Allie and Rachel gave their lives to Christ. Allie made that decision at Awana and Rachel at Springhill Day Camp last year. Those 2 days were great days. We rejoiced with Jesus as He welcomed them into the family! Allie then decided that she was ready to be baptized, to show the world that she was in love with her Savior.
After a few months of reading through a baptism book, attending a class and praying with her we decided that this was the year. We invited our family and friends and we rejoiced again as she publicly proclaimed her love for Jesus at Granger Community Church's 2010 Baptism.
A day that I've been praying for.
A day that will mark me forever.
A day where I am once again reminded she belongs to Jesus and for that I am eternally grateful!