7/20/2010

Camp songs!

Allie and Rachel went to Springhill Camp in MI this summer for 5 days. They had a blast and asked to go back as soon as we picked them up. This was Allie's 2nd year at camp and one of my favorite things from her first year were the camp songs she came home singing. Last summer we sang camp songs for about 2 straight months and I loved every minute of it.
So needless to say, I was excited to hear what songs they would be singing this year. They came home with a few new ones and as expected our whole family has learned them and will just randomly break out in song. One of my favorite songs from this year, was the cheer that Allie and Abby's (Allie's BFF) tepee came up with. They stayed in one of about 5 tepees and the name of their tepee was Ojibway (it took me about 2 days to figure out how to say it right). Supposedly the Ojibway girls came up this cheer. The cheer really has nothing to do with camp, but I still think it is my favorite camp song so far.
Introducing Allie and Abby and their Ojibway cheer!