10/26/2007

Vacation and Painting

So Daryl and I decided to take Thursday and Friday off this week since the kids were out of school for fall break. I thought it would be nice to be home all together for a few days and just hang out. Of course that was until I decided that we needed to paint Tyler's room. I recently found a comforter for his new big boy bed and was ready to get things going.

So far on our first vacation day I went through Ty's entire room and closet and cleaned everything out, while Daryl tore down his crib (I have to admit it was kind of sad to see if go, it has been part of our house for 7 years). We tore Allison's bed down and brought up a Queen Bed for her, Ty will be getting her twin bed, and got it all made and ready to go. Daryl got Ty's room and closet painted white. We are doing brown, blue and white vertical stripes, I am so excited to see how it turns out. Since Ty does not have room right now, he is sleeping in Rachel's bed, while Rachel and Allison are sharing the queen size bed, in her room and last night he fell out of the bed twice. I really need to find those rails!

I also planted some hostas and did some raking yesterday. Doesn't really sound like a hanging out couple of vacation days, but we are getting projects crossed off the list, much to my husband's dismay!