6/23/2007

Summer is Here

Well school is out and summer has arrived. The older I get and my kids get the more I love summer. I love the fact that they are home more and I get to spend more time with them. I love the fact that we can go on walks, go to the park, play in the yard and not have the sun go down till after 9:00 p.m. One of my favorite things about summer is spending time at the lake. There is just something I love about being on water and at this point the kids seem to feel the same way. They love being there and spend every minute in the water or on boat rides. So in honor of summer I thought I would post some pictures of what we have been doing so far.

Rachel celebrated her 5th Birthday at the lake with all of our friends and family. She spent the entire birthday party in her bathing suit, which is right up her alley.

The girls tubed for the first time this summer last weekend and had a great time at least for the first 5 minutes. Rachel wanted to go faster and Allison wanted to go slower. By the time it was all over Allison was in tears because we were going too fast and Rachel was asking why we couldn't go faster.

Swimming lessons started this week. They are doing 2 weeks now and 2 weeks in mid July. It is a huge commitment but a necessity. Allison is in the same group as her best friends this year. We will see how much swimming they get done!

Rachel is in a different group than her sister for swimming lessons. She is having fun and doing a great job! Tyler on the other hand gets and watch and sweat at the same time (it is about 90 degrees with 100% humidity in the viewing area). He was not too happy that he did not get to participate.


Allison and Rachel did Poms Camp this week at Penn. They seemed to both have a good time. This was Rachel's first real experience with a "camp" like this and Allison made sure that I had plans to send her again next year.

So far we are having a great summer. Next week Daryl and I are going on a little trip to Washington DC without kids (I cannot wait). We will be spending more time at the lake and then going to the Dells with our best friends in early August. Have I told you how much I love summer?