1/04/2007

Vacation

So this is a little late coming, but hey what is a girl to do. Last week was absolutely AWESOME! Why, you may ask? Because we were on VACATION! It is the first time in a long time that we have had an entire week together as a family. No school, no work, no agenda, just fun! We did a lot of staying up late (yeah we totally screwed our kids up with this one), sleeping in, hanging out with friends and family and just doing nothing.
Some of the highlights of our week were spending Christmas Day with family, seeing Charlotte's Web with the girls, having dinner with friends, taking the kids ice skating, painting the office, having dinner with friends again, seeing "Holiday" with my girl friends, and ringing in the New Year with friends. My favorite part of vacation was getting to spend time with friends and just being together as a family. The month of December was crazy for us, so it was nice to just "be" for a week with no real agenda.
I have to admit it was really hard going back to work this week. I did not want to be there. I found myself thinking about Daryl and the kids all day on Tuesday and wishing that our vacation had not ended. I guess I will just have to start a count down till our next vacation.
As much as I love going away for vacation, I have to say there is something to say for just staying home and doing whatever you want whenever you want. I think I just need to be on the same vacation schedule as my kids, which would mean a vacation day at least once a month. I think I need to propose that to my employer :)